On this page are all my current and future publications, from guest blog posts to essays in edited academic volumes.
- Book Review: Cynthia Hahn, Passion Relics and the Medieval Imagination: Art, Architecture, and Society (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2020) for Comitatus (2020), 278-279. doi.org/10.1353/cjm.2020.0024.
- “The Medieval Portable Altar Database.” Material Religion: The Journal of Objects, Art and Belief. November 2020. doi.org/10.1080/17432200.2020.1843915.
- “White Supremacy and Medieval History: A Brief Overview.” Erstwhile (blog), March 2020. https://erstwhileblog.com/2020/03/18/white-supremacy-and-medieval-history-a-brief-overview/.
Essays in Edited Volumes
Articles in Progress
- “Towards an Object Typology of Medieval Portable Altars” (draft stage; expected submission in December 2021)
- “Celebrating the Mass Outdoors in the Middle Ages” (draft stage; expected submission in Spring 2022)
Future Book Project(s)
A survey of medieval European portable altars, created and used between c.600 and 1400 CE, and their function in medieval Christian ritual and space. This will be the first monograph-length publication in English dedicated to medieval portable altars.