On this page are my current and future publications, from guest blog posts to essays in edited academic volumes.
- “Portable Mass Kits and American Catholics.” The Genealogies of Modernity. May 2022. https://genealogiesofmodernity.org/journal/2022/5/23/portable-mass-kits-american-catholics-wwi.
- “Moving Altars from the Middle Ages to WWII.” The Genealogies of Modernity. February 2021. https://genealogiesofmodernity.org/journal/2021/2/21/moving-altars.
- “The Medieval Portable Altar Database.” Material Religion: The Journal of Objects, Art and Belief. November 2020. doi.org/10.1080/17432200.2020.1843915.
- Book Review: Cynthia Hahn, Passion Relics and the Medieval Imagination: Art, Architecture, and Society (Berkeley: University of California Press, 2020) for Comitatus (2020), 278-279. doi.org/10.1353/cjm.2020.0024.
- “White Supremacy and Medieval History: A Brief Overview.” Erstwhile. March 2020. https://erstwhileblog.com/2020/03/18/white-supremacy-and-medieval-history-a-brief-overview/.
Essays in Edited Volumes
- “Trade and Exchange.” In A Cultural History of Craft in the Medieval Age (500-1400), edited by Heidi Gearhart. Bloomsbury Academic Press. Forthcoming.
Articles in Progress
- “Towards an Object Typology of Medieval Portable Altars” (draft stage)
- “Celebrating the Mass Outdoors in the Middle Ages” (draft stage)
Future Book Project(s)
Portable Altars and Mobile Devotion in Medieval Christianity – A survey of medieval European portable altars, created and used between c.600 and 1400 CE, and their function in medieval Christian ritual and space. This will be the first monograph-length publication in English dedicated to medieval portable altars.